Thursday, February 9, 2012

L A Colors Color Craze ~ Morning glory

L A Colors Color Craze ~ Morning glory
Purple base with light blue shimmer


This is my first polish from L A Colors. It looks so promising and pretty in the bottle, but my question is, as always: Does the beauty in the bottle transfer to the nail?

In this case the answer is yes. It took two coats to build up the desired opacity, and I must say that I really like this purple. It’s unique because of the blue shimmer, and this transfers perfectly onto the nail.

Here it is, two coats – no top coat yet.


And here’s a close up of the bottle, so you can see the blue shimmer:


I obviously couldn’t leave it as it was though – you should know me by now. :D  I wanted glitter on it, but not a glitter that took over completely, if you know what I mean.

I went for NYX’ “Turks and Caicos”, which is a medium blue jelly with lots of holographic glitter.

Here’s one coat of “Turks and Caicos” over “Morning Glory”, and a coat of Poshé top coat:


I love the glitter in this – it sparkles and glitters, but the glitter is not all over the place. And the purple is still purple.

Here’s a blurry shot so you can see the holos:



I really like this mani!!


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. SÅ flot! Hold da op, glimmerlakken fra NYX er fuldstændig magen til OPI's "last friday night". Men sådan er det ofte ;-)

    KH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, de kopierer på livet løs. Jeg kan dog meget bedre lide både pris og kvaliteten på NYX fremfor OPI! :)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete