Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stars and Stripes


Wonder Woman
- or "Happy Memorial Day"


I’ve had this idea for a while now, and decided it was time to try it out. I wanted to create a mini stars and stripes flag on my finger nails, but not the traditional way by using stripers and stamps.

When I saw how it all ended up, I decided to name this mani “Wonder Woman”. Take a look and see if you can figure out why! :D


Here are the polishes I used.

Models Own: Snow White, OPI: Red Shatter, Color Club: Trippie Hippie, B. O. : 68

Here’s a mini tutorial showing how I did.

First I applied one coat of white. I used Model’s Own’s Snow White. It isn’t a perfect one coater, but it doesn’t have to be perfect – it’s going to be covered up anyway.


I let that dry for a long time, to be sure it was completely dry. Then I taped half my nail in a diagonal line, and applied OPI’s “red shatter” on the top half of the nail. I removed the tape immediately after application on each nail.


I gave that half of the nail a thin layer of Seche Vite top coat. After some more waiting time, I freehanded the blue on the lower half of the nail. I used Color Club’s “Trippie Hippie” for that step. It’s a very vibrant, almost metallic blue, which I love.



When that was dry it was time for the stars. I used B. O. 68, which is such a great star topper. No fishing necessary. I actually had to scrape some stars off the brush because they were all so eager to land on the nails. I only painted over the blue part of the nail with that polish.

After a generous coat of Seche Vite top coat, the mani was done, and I am *very* happy with it!


Please let me know what you think of this in the comments below :)


19 comments:

  1. Very very cool mani! Using carkling mani for the stripes is something I would have never thought of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might look cool. Plus I didn't trust myself to be able to make straight lines! :D

      Delete
  2. Awww this is so cute, I love it! And that Trippie Hippie is beyond gorgeous LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trippie Hippie is a favourite blue, it's soooo beautiful! :D

      Delete
  3. Awesome nail art, and it really reminds me of Wonder Women :D Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mission is accomplished, then. That makes me happy!! :)

      Delete
  4. This looks so cool! I could see myself doing something like this for the 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and great for the holiday! I love the little stars you added very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't celebrate that holiday here, but I know that it exists, so I thought this would be suitable :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant it's really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was just about to answer: "I think so oo!" LOL! :)

      Delete