Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Layla Hologram Effect ~ Purple Illusion - with baby dragon


Layla Hologram Effect ~ Purple Illusion
Dark magenta linear holo

Here’s my other birthday present from my friend Line.

This is actually my second Hologram Effect polish, but the first one has been sitting in my box of shame for maybe 4-5 months because it didn’t behave when I tried it. Little did I know that the reason I couldn’t get it to behave was because I didn’t use proper underwear for it. Hologram polishes requires aqua base coat. Line also gave me one of those recently – what a great friend she is!

Applying this over the aqua base coat was easy! The two coats glided on like butter. No streaking. No bald spots. Just pure perfection!

Here’s what two coats and no top coat looks like in the sun:


Look at the depth in that holo! Isn’t it amazing?!


I gazed at it for a little while before I decided to add glitter. I used “Baby Dragon” from Glitzology. I really like the look of Glitzology’s polishes, but I’m so not happy with their formula! It’s thick and almost impossible to work with. But it’s okay for sponging, so that’s what I’m going to use it for. One coat of Quick Dry & High Shine top coat from Catrice finished my mani, and here’s the final result:


And from another angle:


The polishes:


I love the way holos and glitters compliment each other. The glitter makes the mani interesting even when there’s no sunlight, and the holo is just amazing in the sun! Total win!

That’s my opinion anyway – but what do you think?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I am really pleased with it myself :)

      Delete
  2. So, that's the aqua base you were talking about! LOL Loved your mani!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That under the sun light should be so wow!
    Just to look at it you have to use sunglasses.

    Kisses,
    Z
    http://unhasfofasdaz.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! Color is bright and playful and the glitter goes so well with it (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, I like that it's a part of my collection :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, I really like it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so pretty! And yes, I really like the way the glitters look against the pink base! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too, 'cause I was quite pleased with it myself :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, I like the look of these two together :)

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love thjis mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased to hear that, thank you :)

      Delete