Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Indigo Bananas ~ Wise up, Janet!



Indigo Bananas ~ Wise up, Janet!
Glass fleck based lavendar linear holographic

Are there any Rocky Horror Picture Show fans out there?


I know I’m one! I have loved the movie ever since I watched it the first time, and I have watched it numerous times since then. So as a huge RHPS-fan I almost felt obliged to buy this lavender linear holo from Indigo Bananas :D

“Wise up, Janet” is a quote from the movie, from a song Dr. Frank-N-Furter sings to Janet Weiss. It starts like this:

I'll tell you once
I won't tell you twice
You'd better wise up, Janet Weiss
Your apple pie don't taste too nice
You'd better wise up, Janet Weiss

Anyway – on to the polish! The formula is good and the polish covers in two easy and fast drying coats. The polish is a mix of finishes: it is obviously holographic but it also contains glass flecks that make it look almost metallic in indoor conditions.

Anyway – I had sunshine, yay! Here’s two coats, no topcoat in the sunshine:


The holo effect is amazing, no less!


Here’s what it looks like in lower lights. It’s like it is a completely different polish!


The colour of the polish is the exact same as the colour of Janet Weiss’ shirt, take a look at this picture of a very young Susan Sarandon from the movie:


So what I did was to make a row of dots with Urban Outfitters’ Silver holo, to represent Janet’s pearls:


Low light picture, just because I can :D


That’s it. So tell me please: Are you also a fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show? Or do you think it’s highly overrated?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo with glass flecks
Overall impression: I especially love the polish in the sunshine. Next time I wear it I’m going to add some bold colour as the nail art colour
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. beautiful holo! I really love the silver holo dots design you did too :) I've never watched Rocky Horror Picture Show I actually thought this was a half moon design before I read your caption

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought of a half moon design when I saw my pictures on the computer, but it wasn't in my mind at all when I did the design. Funny that :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched it.
    Lovely holo with a lovely necklace :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought the necklace was perfect for this holo :D

      Delete
  3. It is awesome and looks gorgeous on you!!! I love the pearl detail, but then again I love RHPS so anythind you'd come up with would be win in my book :D.
    Oh, I have this and Lime Warp and love them both ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were a RHPS-lover, you just had to be!! Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  4. The pearls look so pretty on Janet (both the polish and the person) ;)
    I think the polish is a bit on the too pale side, but it has gorgeous rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wouldn't stay in my collection if it wasn't Rocky Horror-themed :D because it's a bit too pale for me too. But I'll figure out some nice nail art for it :)

      Delete
  5. Not really a fan sorry. But I do love that polish! Holo-tastic! Nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be sorry, it's nice with variety :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't actually seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show but I do love that holo!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying this polish! It's really beautiful! And I love the beads of pearls you added too. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yun, it pleases me so much that you like it :)

      Delete