Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Barry M ~ Pacific and Mediterranean



Barry M ~ Pacific and Mediterranean
From the Aquarium collecion

Today I’m going to show you the two polishes I picked from Barry M’s Aquarium collection. There are actually six polishes in the collection but only these two spoke to me, I’ll get back to that later in the post.

Let me show you Pacific first. It’s a lovely duochromatic shimmer that shifts between teal and blue. It hasn’t got the strongest colourshift in the world, but it’s there. The polish is easy to work with and covers well in two coats. The drying time is pretty good too.

Here’s what it looks like, two coats and no topcoat:


I love that this isn’t prone to brush strokes!


Delicious, I like this!


Mediterranean is up next. It’s a pink to orange-y duochromatic shimmer and the colourshift in this one isn’t shy at all. Two coats, no problem with the formula, and this is just prettiness in a bottle.

Here’s a picture that shows the orange side the best.


And here’s the colourshift. Isn’t that lovely?


I love it when duochromes aren’t shy!


Bonus picture, just for fun: I dapped a couple of drops of Pacific and another couple of drops on Mediterranean on the nails and swirled it around with a dotting tool. I topped it off with topcoat, and here’s the final mani:


That didn’t at all turn out the way I wanted it to, so here is a picture of the polishes:



Like I mentioned there are four more polishes in this collection. There’s Mermaid, which is golden khaki to green duochrome, but thats too golden for me. Theres also Arabian, which is green, blue and gold shredded glitter, which Im just not a fan of, sorry. Caspian was another polish I didnt get, mostly because its a pink to gold duochrome. The last one I didnt buy is Treasure Chest, which is a mix of gold, rose and iridescent shredded glitter. Shredded glitter often sticks up and you all know I’m a picker so that doesn’t work for me. Never mind.

Did you get any from this collection?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Duochromatics
Overall impression: Barry M makes awesome polishes!
Buy again: Yes to both

16 comments:

  1. The shift might not be strong in the first one, but it surely is visible. And wow, it's so strong in the last one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last one is a true chameleon, it's amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's great to hear. I haven't chosen my favourite yet :D

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I have the two of them. I prefer the blue one, it's a stunner. The second one shows copper shades I am not he biggest fan of but it's a personal thing because it's beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge fan of copper either, but the colour shift in it makes me love it anyway :D

      Delete
  4. Love Barry M polishes in general, good price too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are stunning and I'm glad I've got them. :-D I wasn't that impressed with Caspian as much as the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have some good colour shifters in the stash, isn't it :)

      Delete
  6. They are both so pretty! Can't decide which one is prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, especially Medditerranean, it's so pretty and sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry M still makes some pretty cool polishes in my opinion :D

      Delete
  8. They both look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete