Sunday, April 16, 2017

Bohemian Polish ~ Black Ice



Bohemian Polish ~ Black Ice
Black with a dash of holo sprinkle

I haven’t been able to find anything online about Black Ice, so I don’t know when it’s from or if it’s limited edition or what, but I do know that I got mine in a grab bag. I only ever buy black polishes for either stamping or as a base for nail art, so I don’t think I’d buy an indie for that purpose. But here it is  nonetheless.

Here’s the mani I made with it:


The stamp is from the stamping plate BP-X06 and I stamped with Color Club’s Harp on It. It’s the best silver holo to stamp with in my opinion.

The formula of Black Ice wasn’t the easiest to handle. I found it difficult to apply smoothly and close to the cuticles. The drying time was okay though. I used two coats for my mani.

Here’s what two coats of Black Ice and a layer of topcoat look like on it’s own.


Meh. I’m not crazy about black.

Here are the two polishes:


I’m not quite sure whether to keep the Black Ice and use it for nail art or if I should just find a better and more loving home for it. What would you do? 

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crème with sparse holo sparks
Overall impression: I’m not a fan to be honest, but I am no fan of black polishes as a rule so it's not the polish's fault :D
Buy again: No, it's black.

18 comments:

  1. i agree just black ..no but the stamping on it is super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black is gorgeous and I do like the holo stamping <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mysterious manicure!
    Love the combo!

    Happy Easter sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this mani! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it does look much better with stamping, awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it`s just black polish, but it looks amazing with holo stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bit of holo in it, but not a lot. The stamping definitely did it good :)

      Delete
  7. This looks amzing, I love the pattern and the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete