Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 17: Glitter

Summer Challenge Day 17: Glitter

Glitter! My favourite finish of them all, and therefore also the challenge I’ve been looking forward to the most. The real challenge was to pick which glitter to show you girls!

I considered to use China Glaze’s Atlantis for this challenge. It’s my all time favourite glitter, and actually also my all time fave nail polish as such. But that would have been too easy, wouldn’t it?!

Instead I’ve decided to show you a glitter that holds a very special place in my heart, namely the very first glitter I owned: Orly’s Bubbly Bombshell. It was also my first Orly polish, and it’s a love that has lasted ever since! I blogged about Bubbly Bombshell here – posted long before I actually had any readers on my blog! :D

Anyway – enough with the talking, on with the polish. Two very easy coats and one generous coat of Seche Vite top coat:


 Isn’t it just gorgeous? I’m totally in love!!


I used Claire’s two way nail art pen and brush and made three white dots on each nail. Then I gave it another coat of Seche Vite, because this glitter is quite top coat thirsty.

Here’s my finished mani.


Glitter, glitter, glitter. How I love it!!!


You should also check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for nails with glitter on them. I bet they made something pretty as well!

Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for half moon designs! It’s my first time, so I’m sure it’s going to be fun!!

26 comments:

  1. Har du fået købt nogen fra den nye Super Mario? Der er stadig enkelte af dem på Llarowe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nej. Jeg var mere interesseret i Dollish Polish, men jeg nægter at lade en neglelak diktere hvad tid jeg skal gå i seng :)

      Delete
  2. Og så fik jeg lige læst dagens post: LÆKKER mani, lækker lak!! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Orly polish looks beautiful! Love the design with three white dots :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this Orly, and the dot actually glittered it down a bit, which I liked, surprisingly enough :D

      Delete
  4. This polish is beautiful, and quite unique I think. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unique for sure and it's right up my alley :) Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is gOOOrgeous (there I said it out loud, and I know it IS a glitter LOL) - but honestly it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It is beautiful! :D Glitters are so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes they are :) If everything fails, turn to glitter :D

      Delete
  7. It's a stunning glitter!
    P.S. I need to try my Bubbly Bombshell :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I think so too. You should definitely try it out, you'll love it! :)

      Delete
  8. Hvor er den bare smuk!! Tror jeg er forelsket :b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak :) Sådan har jeg det også hver gang jeg kigger på den :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I agree. I'm still amazed that it's possible to even make glitters like this!

      Delete
  10. That's a really pretty glitter! So vibrant and sparkly! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I am so glad that I found this glitter and enrolled it in my stash :)

      Delete
  11. Årh en flot lak! Synes Orly er god til glimmerlakke!(-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det synes jeg også. Jeg glæder mig til at få fingre i nogen af de nye! :)

      Delete