Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Challenge Day 22: Inspired by a song

Summer Challenge Day 22: Inspired by a song

It took forever for me to figure out how to overcome this challenge. Before I actually got to it, I thought it would be easy. I mean, I love music and there are so many songs to choose between. But to actually make it match a manicure, that was so much more difficult than I ever imagined.

But after hours and hours of thinking, I picked an old song from 1986, namely Madonna’s “True Blue”. The song is from her third studio album, True Blue, and it deals with the feelings for her then-husband Sean Penn.

I used another Flormar polish for this challenge, namely number 446 which is a shimmery, yet a bit of a dusty blue. I used two layers for full opacity.

Sunshine pic: 


Indoor pic:


And since this is a love song, I added some hearts. I used an indie-polish from Daring Digits called “Love Hurts”, which is a clear base with small blue glitters and larger blue and black hearts.

There was no need to go fishing for the hearts, they were loaded on the brush each time I dipped. I did arrange them a bit on my nails though, since some of them wanted to play on my cuticles. That’s not the polish’s fault though, but mine alone :D

Here’s one coat over the Flormar, and covered with a layer of my all time favourite top coat, Poshé.  


And here’s an indoor pic.


Here’s the official True Blue video. I think it’s so funny to watch videos made in the 1980s.


So that’s my mani inspired by a song. Did you like it? Do you like Madonna?


There are other Danish girls who also did a “inspired by a song” mani today. You should definitely check their blogs out to see what they came up with.  

Stay tuned the day after tomorrow - same bat time, same bat channel – for nails inspired by a movie! I’ve begun thinking already!

15 comments:

  1. It is just a simple layering mani but I love how it was inspired by a song. Well done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't freehand nail art, so I love layering :)

      Delete
  2. Love how the manicure turned out. I have a mani in my had for that day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm looking forward to seeing what song it is, and how you make that into a mani :)

      Delete
  3. I bought this polish from daring digits but I don't love it. It seems kind of muddy in the bottle. Like the base isn't blue or clear but just yucky. I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true that it was on the gloopy side. And actually, she contacted me and said that she had discovered that some of the new glitters she used had turned out to be bleeders. And the polish definitely dulled my pretty blue. So I wrote that to her. I didn't receive a reply. And no new polish yet either.

      Delete
  4. Pretty blue, not too sure about the glitter though..seems a bit chunky for my taste. 80s Madonna is my favorite, I think she starting a downward spiral in the 90s. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest problem with the glitter was the hearts. My nails are apparently more curved than I imagined, so the poked up a bit from the nail. And I'm a picker - need I say more? ;)

      Delete
  5. Wee samme farve :-p

    Det er et par super fede lakker du har gang i her!! men jeg kender slet ikke nogle af mærkerne :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flormar'en har jeg fået i en swap med en sød tyrkisk pige. Man kan også købe Flormar lakker i fx Tyskland. Daring Digits er et indie brand, og den har jeg købt på Etsy. :)

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I love the blue hearts! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! I like the fact that they're not red, to be honest :)

      Delete