Monday, January 21, 2013

piCture pOlish ~ Antique


piCture pOlish  ~ Antique
Dusty violet packed with tiny silver glitter

The first layer took me completely by surprise! It was so easy to apply, and it covered perfectly after just one coat! Cool! I added a second layer to see if it made a difference, which it didn’t.

So what you’re looking at here is two layers of Antique, with one layer of Poshé top coat over it:


Although not totally my colour, it came out a tad darker than I expected, which is a plus to me. This is a quality polish for sure, and the shimmer is quite amazing!

Weeee!


And a another pic, for the beauty of it: 

  
This is however, not a colour I’d wear on its own. I decided stamping for this beauty. I used a stamping plate from Bundlemonster: BM-208 and my no name stamping polish “Suzi skis in the Pyrenees”, which is a great stamping polish. I topped it with a layer of my faithful Poshé top coat.

  
Here’s what piCture pOlish write about their polishes:
piCture pOlish was created when two Australian girls dreamed of a beautiful gift that would capture a special occasion! What better way to relive a moment than wit a personalised nail polish! That is quirky & vibrant that stands out from the rest!
piCture pOlish has grown to include our own brand! With an extensive range of fashion forward colours you will find a shade for every occasion! Every Shade tells a story inspired by you our wonderful costumers!

They don’t mention which story “Antique” tells, only that the polish gets better with age. I don’t know… perhaps it’s just me, but if it’s true that there’s a story behind the polish, then they should definitely share it :)

Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. gorgeous! love that glitter! and the name is so cute!


    www.pamperedwithpolish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer is really spectacular, and soooo dense. I love that! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful colour! Super unique! And while it may not be something you normally wear I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - It's actually nice to be pushed a bit outside the comfort zone once in a while :)

      Delete
  3. OMG, this polish is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how it looks with stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That particular stamp is so cool, I love it too :)

      Delete