Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nails Inc 3D glitter ~ Connaught Square



Nails Inc 3D glitter ~ Connaught Square
Vibrant blue glitter with purple glitter

This post is special, because it features a polish all by itself! <gasp>

Connaught Square is a lovely blue glitter with purple glitters added to it. The blue is the dominant colour. The formula was a bit tricky to work because it’s all glitter. The brush is wide and tends to pick up too much polish, so it’s important to wipe off a lot of access polish before actually painting the nails with it. Oh, and the polish stinks by the way, really stinks. Not even Kleancolor’s polishes smell as bad as this one does. But I sat through two layers of the smelly glitter.



The glitters are easy to spread out, which is pretty normal for glitters like these. It dries up gritty, and even two generous coats of nice thick Seche Vite top coat couldn’t fix that little problem. I don’t mind a bit of texture, but if you do, you should be prepared to add lots (and lots) of top coat to this polish.


I wondered why they call it a 3D glitter, but after having looked at it in different lighting, I understood why. The blue glitter is prominent, and in low lights and certain angles you only see the blue. But a little twist of the fingers, and the pretty purple suddenly reveals itself. It’s almost magical!


I wore this alone. I didn’t have the heart to add anything to it. But seriously – it felt weird to wear a polish all by itself again! :D

Note: It’s a real struggle to get this off the nails again. Tip: Use the foil method! :D


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

13 comments:

  1. It is SO beautiful - and I think you were right in leaving it alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was even more beautiful in real life, and thanks, it was hard to leave it alone, but I managed ;)

      Delete
  2. Are you allright?! Just one polish?! ;)
    It looks great on you that polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, perhaps I'm not quite well? It worries me a lot! ;)

      Delete
  3. So pretty and sparkly! Haha too bad it's so smelly. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's a shame. I'll start wearing it only in the summer where I can have the window open :D

      Delete
  4. oh so gorgeous! i would have not had the heart either :) so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice. I have the black and the fuschsia one :0) Indeed has a strong smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This glitter is SO gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'll learn to live with the smell then! <3

      Delete