Saturday, February 22, 2014

Arcane Lacquer ~ Mercurial



Arcane Lacquer ~ Mercurial
Medium Grey Jelly with Blue and black hexes and blue to green glass flecks

Allow me to step outside my comfort zone for a moment here, and show you a polish that’s not a colour I’d normally pick. The base colour is a grey jelly – not usually my colour or finish of choice. It all ends well though, don’t worry! ;)

When I applied the first coat, I thought this was a polish that was meant to be layered over something else. I could barely see the colour on my nails! The second coat added surprisingly much colour, and the third coat made it all nice and opaque. Drying time between the coats was pretty average.

Here’s what three coats look like on their own:


The glitter does a lot for this polish – I love that!


I made a couple of black stripes on each nail and topped it with a layer of topcoat, and here’s the final result:


Look at all the various size of glitters, aren’t they just pretty!


One last picture:


If you think that this polish actually looks good on me, then I’ll be happy to hear it. This grew on me, I must admit, and I ended up really liking it!


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Average
Durability: Good
Removal: No problem
Overall impression: Not really my colour, but I love the glitter combo
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. Grey isn't for me either - but it has a lot of elegant qualities.
    I like the fact that this one has glitter in it, it kind of makes it more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's because elegant isn't for me then :D I like the glitter too - without it would be boring :)

      Delete
  2. I like how this polish looks on you! It reminds me of a rainy day(in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, that's great to hear, thanks! I didn't think of it like that :)

      Delete