Saturday, June 7, 2014

Coolcos ~ 03 and 04



Coolcos ~ 03 and 04
Pink and purple foils

Here’s another couple of polishes my boyfriend bought me. He definitely has a thing with foils, and it’s fortunately a finish I really like too.

The formula is good and the polish applies easily. Drying time is average, and like all the other Coolcos polishes I’ve tried, it smells really weird. I personally don’t mind, but this is a polish blog after all, so I thought I’d mention it :D

Here is what one coat of each colour looks like on its own:


Uh, I like both of these!


I decided to apply one of my new glitters from Cuccio, “Mood Alteration”. Basically it’s an iridescent glitter in a pink jelly base. The formula is pretty thick but it doesn’t cause any problems in application at all. I applied one coat, waited for it to dry and then applied a layer of topcoat. And the colours of the original Coolcos polishes changed to a deeper tone; I like that.

Here’s my final mani:


Is that sweet or what? I love this combo!


Here are the three sisters in crime:


Verdict:
I am quite impressed with Coolcos polishes. The quality is really good and the one coater factor is a huge bonus. The only drawback is the smell, but it’s definitely not as bad as some of the Kleancolors are, haha! :D


Number of coats: 1
Drying time: Average
Finish: Great foils. The colour is being enhanced when topcoat is applied
Overall impression: Two great polishes, both colourwise and formulawise. Both are one coaters.  
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. The pink and purple both look so pretty! Foils are one of my favorite finishes to wear. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really fond of foils as well - the shinier the better :)

      Delete
  2. They are indeed both very pretty and the layering is a perfect match for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - some polishes seem to be made to be together :)

      Delete
  3. Both are stunning! I love the colours and the finish! And that topper - wow I like it too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too - and that topper is just perfect for so many manis :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty colors and the glitter looks really great on them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think it turned out really nice too :)

      Delete