Sunday, December 25, 2011

Orly ~ Velvet Rope

Orly ~ Velvet Rope
Purple with silver glitter


This is possibly the prettiest purple I’ve got. It’s deep and beautiful, and as with most of my Orlys, the formula is a dream.


Here it is, two coats, no top coat:



It dried up a little bit matte, and I must say that even though I usually love glitter, the little silver glitters in this polish didn’t do anything for me. The polish even dried up a bit gritty because of them. So even though I’m usually like ‘the more glitter the better’, it wasn’t like that in this case.

But I moved right on along, because I had stamping in mind. And this time I wanted to try an all nail design for the first time. I chose Bundlemonster’s BM20, and Konad’s silver stamping polish, even though it hasn’t impressed me so far. In fact it does look a little bit better in the picture than it actually did in real life! :D

Here’s the result:



It wasn’t easy at all, but I’ve learned that the only thing that makes good is practice, so I’m not giving up!

Merry Christmas, everybody. I hope you have a great one! ♥



Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!
    I think your stamping looks terrific :-) I love the purple and silver together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, and merry Christmas to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks very nice! Stamping just takes practice! You're doing awesome! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Nicole ~ Thank you so much. I saw this design one of the first time I even visited a nail blog, and I thought it was *so* pretty.

    @ Fingers ~ Aww, thank you so much, I'm not giving up! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Stamping, now i want some BM plates!

    Happy Holidays! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much - and happy holidays to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete