Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Linda Johansen ~ Wienna Waltz


Linda Johansen ~ Wienna Waltz
Nude crelly

Today I’m going to show you something I’ve never shown on my blog before: A nude polish!

I don't mind being pushed out of my comfort zone for a little bit (I don’t, at all), but my nails are horribly stained after an affair with these polishes. I have tried all I could think of to get rid of the yellow and green staining, but all that helped was to wait for the nails to grow out. And to be honest I didn’t mind that so much, because I’m always wearing polish anyway, so I wasn’t flashing it or anything. But I couldn’t imagine to wear such a pale polish over it, and I am sure the stains would have shown through. Yuk!

So I had to do something about the staining fact, didn’t I? I read recently that cuticle remover could make a difference, so I tried that – but with absolutely no result. So that theory is shot down. I had previously tried lemon juice, baking soda, toothpaste, bleach and god knows what, and nothing really helped very much. So today I decided to do something I have never done before: To buff my nails!

After the buffing, my nails were almost back to normal colour, and I must admit I was happy with that.

I had no idea how many coats I should expect to apply, but in my head it was three, maybe even four. I applied my base coat, and started polishing. It didn’t take as long as expected though. Drying time is pretty good, and it actually only took two coats to build up opacity. There’s still a slight visible nail line, but I don’t think it’s a problem at all. I didn’t apply a topcoat.

Okay, I’ve talked enough already, let me show you – for the first time on my blog – a nude polish:


I’ll tell you what! It isn’t as bad as expected to wear a polish like that!


As you can see there’s still some VNL, but I’m actually impressed that it covers so well in two coats!


One last shot on its own:


As a tribute to my now ex-yellow/green stained nails, I sponged some green glitter on my tips. I used another polish I got from Norway Nails a long while ago, namely Picture Polish “Ariel’s Tale”, which I swatched in this post. The whole thing is sealed up with a layer of topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


Ha, I can see that a polish like this actually can be used as a base for other stuff. I’ll definitely keep that in mind!


I hope you enjoyed this post, because it was quite a struggle to make! ;)


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: N/A/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 6/10
Buy again: No (but that’s not the polish’s fault :) )


Norway Nails have got a special discount of 15% off Linda Johansen polishes at the moment. Use the code ballroom at checkout to get the discount.

10 comments:

  1. Hehe, first nude on your blog :). I like it both on its own and with glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice! It's not my favourite base, but it wasn't as bad as expected, haha! :D

      Delete
  2. Aw, the girl is growing up and trying her first nude ;)
    LOL, that's about how I felt when I tried my first, and some are ugly and some are actually not bad - I like this against your skin tone - and I like it even more with the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you're so mean! :D
      It's true that it's not the worst against my skin tone. But still - I love coloured nails more :)

      Delete
  3. I can never get away with polishes like this, not only because of staining but because my tips are so big in proportion to my nails that they just look bad lol. BUT I really like this on you and I'm impressed with the buffing trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I thought I'd never buff my nails, but seriously, I couldn't have worn this without doing that - it would have looked horrible!

      Delete
  4. I didn't think I'd ever see you with nude polishes. :P That sucks about the staining, but adding a nude polish over it is a great way to cover it up. Love the glitter gradient you did on top... it's simple and fun! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I should see myself with nude polishes either! :D
      Thanks for the always kind words, they're much appreciated! <3

      Delete
  5. THIS is THE perfect NUDE polish FOR YOU!!! Lol.. Seriously!! Looks soo good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding me! LOL!!
      I must admit that this isn't the worst nude I've seen, haha! :D

      Delete