Monday, January 13, 2014

Nostalgic ~ Rid of Me



Nostalgic ~ Rid of Me
Blue jelly packed with blue, green and golden shimmer and flecks

I like trying new brands! The first Nostagic I’m going to try on is a ‘this-is-so-me’ polish if there ever was one. Stay tuned and see for yourself.

The formula is a jelly and very sheer, so my heart actually sank when I applied the first layer. It so looked like a layering polish to me. I decided to see if it built itself up, which happily it did very nicely. Three coats is what it took to make it opaque. I can live with that because it dried fast between layers, and because this polish is absolutely beautiful! I love, love, love the shimmer, it’s amazing! I have a word for this, and it’s ‘MMMWWAAHH!’

Take a look at three coats and a layer of topcoat:



How’s that? I mean, I love it, but what about you?


I’m usually not a girl who likes golden polishes very much, but this is just perfect!


I decided to make an experiment and stamp with something I wouldn’t usually use on a colour like this. I chose Chirality’s “Sly”, which is a pink stamping polish, and I used a swirly design from Moyou London’s stamping plate “Sailor collection-07”. When I was done I topcoated it, and here’s my final mani:


And from a different angle:


One last shot to show off the design:



Verdict:
Rid of Me is great! And a good song too, although Polly Jean is not my favourite artiste. I wonder if anyone will make a polish called ‘Lick My Legs’, inspired by the same song. If someone does, you read it here first ;) 
Anyway: I wish this was a two coater, but I am willing to live with three because the drying time is so good. I love the colour and I love the shimmer and flecks. It’s a me-polish for sure! Don’t you agree?
As for Sly, I must admit that I had expected more from a stamping polish. It’s a little too…vague?... for my likings. But anyway – it works on this mani – I think it looks great over the Rid of Me!


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: Easy
Overall impression: Oh yeah baby, I love this colour!
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous blue colour. Like it, and the stamping too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally in love with this colour! So thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. This really such a you color - or was it ‘MMMWWAAHH!’? :D
    The stamping is so pretty on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMMMMWAAHH pretty much covers how I feel about this :D

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous nail polish and the design looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous color, pretty stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mani--and that base color has such nice depth to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the colour and love it with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I must admit that I really love it too!

      Delete