Sunday, November 8, 2015

I ♥ Nail Polish (ILNP) ~ Harbour Island



I ♥ Nail Polish (ILNP) ~ Harbour Island
Turquoise/Teal with micro holo flakies

Harbour Island is from the Summer 2015 collection.

It is intentionally sheer. I used three coats for my mani and I still saw visible nail line. The drying time between the coats is average.

I had a glimpse of sunshine, yay. So here’s three coats and no topcoat in the sun:


This picture is taken in daylight, no direct sun:


I didn’t quite know what to do with it so after having looked at it for an hour or so I decided to go for a small pink flower. I bought a bunch of nail studs and other bling in Hungary. I love the fact that they came in small sizes so I can actually wear them properly. Here’s still three coats, now also with a layer of topcoat. This picture is taken with flash:


Low light picture:


I must admit that I wouldn’t have bought this if I had known it was meant to be sheer. I may be able to live with three coats though, because it’s a pretty colour, I’m just not quite sure yet. We’ll see.


Number of coats: 3 (4 would have been better)
Drying time: Average
Finish: Jelly with holo flakies
Overall impression: Great colour, I really like it. I’m not crazy about the sheerness.
Buy again: Probably not

11 comments: