Friday, September 29, 2017

China Glaze ~ I Just Canterlot



China Glaze ~ I Just Canterlot
Lilac jelly with holo and silver microglitter

I Just Canterlot is from the My Little Pony collection from Summer 2017, just like "Where’s the Party Canon At?" and "I Sea Ponies" that I already showed you. Click the names to be taken to those posts if you missed them.

I Just Canterlot is really pretty in real life. The swatches I have seen doesn’t really do the polish any justice. By looking at swatches I got the idea that the two glitters from the My Little Pony collection were sheer and that they would leave visible nail line. But they don’t – they covered in two coats, no worries whatsoever! (Incidentally this polish’s name must be the poorest play on words I’ve ever encountered. Huh.)

The formula is a good and the polish covered in two coats. The drying time is good.

I made a tape manicure out of it. I used an older China Glaze: Urban Nights, which is from the Metro Collection 2011. It’s a beautiful deep eggplant purple crème that I have been considering to sell a number of times. I always ended up deciding to keep it, which is a good thing! :)

This is the final manicure taken on a cloudy day, no sun.


I like the alternate dots a lot.



This is I Just Canterlot on its own. It’s two coats and a layer of topcoat.



The polish dries up textured because of the glitter. I used two layers of topcoat and it still wasn’t smooth. Fortunately I don’t mind at all.

Here’s the picture with the pretty China Glazes.


I don’t do many tape manicures anymore but I might take it up again because it can look really cool.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Jelly with silver and holo microglitter
Overall impression: Great polish!
Buy again: Yes

11 comments:

  1. How pretty this manicure sweetie!! It seems that your nails are dressed, what a precious result!
    Smuack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks dearest, you put a big smile on my face :) <3

      Delete
  2. Esse CG sozinho já se basta de tão lindo...amei

    Bjim...
    >>blog Usei Hoje<<
    >>Instagram<<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! Both the nail art and the base ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this polish - now I want to look into this collection. Also looks great with the nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like some of the polishes in this collection :)

      Delete
  5. i Think this look so cool and prehaps i can do this sometime;) i really likes this tog are so g ood att nailart:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i Think this look so cool and prehaps i can do this sometime;) i really likes this tog are so g ood att nailart:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! The most important thing is to make sure that the base colour is absolutely dry before you stick the tape on :D
      Thank you!! ♥

      Delete