Thursday, January 26, 2012

Max Factor ~ Blue Energy + MAC

Max Factor ~ Blue Energy
Dark, shimmery, almost foil-ish blue

and


MAC ~ Unconditionally Fabulous

Clear base packed with holographic glitter


I really like the things that Max Factor does. Make-up and nail polish – it just works for me. And so did this fabulous blue nail polish from the Nailfinity series. The formula was perfect – the polish went on smoothly. It was almost a one coater, but I gave it two, just because I wanted to see the full potential of it.

No streaks, no brush strokes, no bald spots, no problems. Just perfection.

Here it is, two coats, no top coat:


I wanted to add a little extra to it though. I chose the glitter "Unconditionally Fabulous" from MAC – a brand that I’m usually too tight fisted to buy myself, but that Alice Snow decided was the perfect gift for me. I’m such a lucky girl! <blows kisses to Alice>.

Here it is, with a layer of Seche Vite top coat.

 

The glitter reflects the polish underneath it so sweetly, it shows up in all shades of blue, from baby blue over turquoise to dark blue.

I love it! That MAC is worth every cent!!

I think it’s gorgeous!


Max Factor ~ Blue Energy
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes


MAC ~ Unconditionally Fabulous
Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Don't think so, even though it's fabulous!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Max Factor before but you can tell from the picture that that's a good quality nail polish. I love your glitter top coat too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't own many Max Factor polishes, but yes, I really like the quality. Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. droool love this combination, that blue is stunning, I love blues and greens, stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll see if this polish will be good for stamping too.

      Delete