Monday, December 3, 2012

Barry M ~ Jewel Brittania and Burgundy Croc


Barry M ~ Jewel Brittania and Burgundy Croc  
Jewel Brittania: Clear base with red, blue and silver multisized glitters
Burgundy Croc: Dark red crocle effect

I have been curious about these crocle effect polishes, but it was only when Barry M came up with a dark red one, I finally decided to buy it. I wasn’t really interested in a black, since I knew I wasn’t going to be using it much.

But I wasn’t in the mood for ten crocle effect nails. And I had another Barry M I wanted to try, namely Jewel Brittania, and since they both have red in them, I decided to make a red/blue/white theme today. And since Barry M is British, I've decided to call my mani "Rule Britannia"!

I painted three of my nails white and two of them red. I used Models Own “Snow White”, which is a plain white crème, and H&M’s “Berry Love”, which is a red crème. I applied two coats of the white, but the red is a one coater, so I only applied one coat of that.

I didn’t take any pics of this step. I mean, it’s only red and white after all! :)


As you can see on the pic, I applied the red crocle on my pinkie. I did that while the white was still tacky, and then I waited. Nothing happened. I thought I had done something wrong, when all of a sudden the magic happened. Little crocles started to show up around the edges, and slowly but surely the whole layer of red crocled. Awesome!


There are two layers of the glitter, Jewel Brittania, on my ring finger and my thumb. I actually thought that this glitter would be denser than it is. I reckon it’ll take about four coats to get it opaque on its own, so I’m glad I layered it.


On my middle finger and my pointer I used my red and blue stripers. They’re from NYX and are called “red glitter” and “blue glitter”. Brilliant names if you ask me! :D

I striped with the two colours alternately, leaving visible white lines in between. I had to apply two coats of the blue, whereas I only applied one coat of the red. 


 A close up of my pinkies. The left one shows a thick coat of Burgundy Croc, and the right one shows a thinner coat. It’s my first time using this, so I wanted to see the difference. The thicker coat crocled slower than the thin one, but I do prefer the larger crocles that the thicker version produces.

And here are the polishes I used for this “Rule Britannia”-mani!!

Models Own: Snow White, Barry M: Burgundy Croc, H&M: Berry Love,
Barry M: Jewel Britannia, NYX Ink stripers: Red glitter & Blue glitter

So, what do you think? Does Britannia actually rule? ;)

14 comments:

  1. I like the way the croc effect cracks, way better than a standard crackle or shatter polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that I like croc effect much better than an ordinary crackle - and especially this red one!

      Delete
  2. It's a bright and fun mani, and that croc effect is totally cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! And I think it's cool too, I'm glad I bought it!

      Delete
  3. I like Jewel Britannia :-) I also got the croc effect polish but I must say I'm not a fan of it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's nice that there are different polishes so that there's something for everybody. I really like that glitter too, it's cool. :)

      Delete
  4. This fun mani rules for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jewel Britannia rocks! And I like how the name sounds too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I love the name. AND the glitter, of course :)

      Delete
  6. I'm still not loving the croc nor the crack-but I do love the striped nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you don't - I love stripes too! I wish for a more steady hand though, haha!

      Delete