Sunday, December 16, 2012

SMYTC Challenge Day 8: Inspired by a Holiday Movie



SMYTC Challenge Day 8: Inspired by a Holiday Movie

It took me a while to figure out how to manage this challenge. I don’t know that many holiday movies, to be honest. And those I know were too difficult to transfer onto the nails; at least to me. But once I got the movie right, it was actually pretty easy to come up with a cool mani.

I chose “The Nightmare before Christmas”, and I let this picture inspire me:

 
I started out by painting two nails black and three nails red. I used two coats of Sinful Colors’ “Sugar Sugar” and two coats of Essence “Black is Back”. I figured that red and black would be a great base for something creative.


I made white stripes on the black ring finger nail. I used my Claire’s two way nail art pen for it. The ring finger represents Jack Skellington’s stripy jacket.

Then I dabbed some purple onto the red. I used Nubar’s “Pasadena Purple” and an eye make up applicator. I dabbed a bit randomly here and there.

Here’s that step:


Then I took out my stamping gear. I used my XL stamping plate “K – Holiday Designs”, that has both a stamp with Jack and also with the ice flowers, that I wanted to add. I used a white no name stamping polish for all the designs.

I stamped Jack on my middle finger, and ice flowers on the rest of my nails. I used two different ice flower designs from the same plate.

When I had stamped, I sealed it up with a generous layer of Poshé top coat, and I was done:


A minute after I applied my top coat, the ice flowers turned pink. It’s so odd when it happens, and usually it annoys me; but not today. I actually think it’s some pretty sweet ice flowers! :)


Here are the polishes I used:


Have you seen The Nightmare before Christmas? If yes, did you like it? I think it was a pretty cool movie, and I hope you like the way I tried to convert all that coolness onto my nails :D

You should also check out what the other girls made, I am sure they made something really cute! 

 Loading InLinkz ...

7 comments: