Thursday, April 10, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Green Diamond



Darling Diva ~ Green Diamond
Green holographic

I made my boyfriend pick the colours for my nails today, and he went for green straight away. Clever man! I picked 3 greens from my box of untrieds and let him pick again. Green Diamond is the one he chose. Good choice – I’ll show you why in a moment!

The formula was pretty difficult to work with. The polish is so heavily pigmented that the formula is really thick and relatively fast drying. that means that you don’t have many brushstrokes for each nail before it all turns to crap. And the polish is not self levelling either. I think I managed pretty well anyway. It’s a one coater, but I applied a second coat to see if that would level out the irregularities the formula had left me with. It didn’t at all. It’s dried up to a semi matte satin finish. Nice!

But anyway, Green Diamond is so pretty, and I honestly think that a bit of thinner will solve some of the problem with the formula. We’ll see about that next time!

Here’s what two coats look like. There’s no topcoat involved just yet.


These pictures are taken with flash. Green Diamond is described as a linear holo, but I think it looks like a mix between linear and scattered.


Last flash picture.


The polish is also pretty outside the flashlight.


I stamped on it. My boyfriend chose a motif from stamping plate DRK-B and I stamped with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Jumpin’ Jade”, which is a gorgeous dark green. I applied a layer of Ellagee’s topcoat “Glass” and here’s my final mani photographed with flash:


It’s amazing what difference it does to the underlaying colour to have the darker green on top.


And a non-flash picture for you:


Here are the two pretties plus the topcoat I used:


I have to say that I totally love this mani. I find myself staring at my nails at all times, LOL! I wonder if you like this as much as I do! Please do tell me in the comments below.


Number of coats: 2 – but 1 would have been enough
Drying time: Very fast
Finish: A mix between scattered and linear holo
Overall impression: Oooh, I love the colour and the way the holo works!
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. I have a problem with greens with so much yellow in - but the stamping did the trick - it looks really pretty now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) the dark green did a lot for this mani :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, your bf made a great choice! :D The shade looks so interesting but I would probably be confused about combining it with the clothes :) Oh, and the stamping is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He often makes some pretty cool choice when I let him, haha!
      Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. He picked nice green for spring :). Looks great with stamping too!

    ReplyDelete