Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Joss Affinite ~ Your Mum wouldn’t like it & Crystal Holo Ocean Depths



Joss Affinite ~ Your Mum wouldn’t like it & Crystal Holo Ocean Depths
Magenta with holo shimmer and glitter & Bright blue with holo shimmer and flecks

Here’s another couple of Joss polishes that are right up my alley.

First one up is Your Mum wouldn’t like it. When I saw it first I was thinking pink, but I can see that other girls describe it as purple. Let’s make a compromise and call it magenta, shall we?

Anyway, the formula is good and easy to work with. It takes two coats to make this look great, and the drying time between the coats is average. And girl, can this polish shimmer and shine – I can assure you it can! I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before taking my pictures.

Here’s two coats plus a layer of Poshé.


Look at the glittery prettiness here!


I took a Brazillion pictures, but I’ll try not to overload you girls too much, so here’s just two more:


And the last one:


I like this polish a lot. I was in a hurry the morning I put it on, so I actually wore it like this! And even though it felt a little bit weird to wear “just one polish”,  really liked it! The only thing that puzzles me about this polish is the name: “Your mum wouldn’t like it”. This is a pretty conservative colour, and I’d expect a more edgy polish for a name like that. But hey, it’s not about the name is it – it’s all about the prettiness!

So yes, polished thumbs up from me!


Next one up is Crystal Holo Ocean Depths, a beautiful blue packed with holo shimmer. The formula is great and so is the pigmentation; I used two coats for full opacity. Drying time is pretty average on this polish as well.

Here’s what two coats and no topcoat looks like – the first couple of pictures are taken with flash:


And from a different angle:


Here’s what the polish looks like in lower lights. No rainbows, but the colour is still cool.


I didn’t quite know what to do with it so I ended up painting little pluses on it. I used a very dark blue polish from Ellagee called Rainbows All Over Your Blues. I painted the pluses with a nail art brush and I topped my mani with a layer of Ellagee’s topcoat “Glass”.

Here’s the final mani – this picture is taken with flash:


And here’s a picture taken without flash:


The pretty polishes and the topcoat:


The short version of the verdict: Chrystal Holo Ocean Depths lives up to my high expectations. It’s beautiful and easy to work with and definitely a winner!


Both polishes:
Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Flecks and holo glitter in beautiful harmony
Overall impression: Really cool polish!
Buy again: Yes

9 comments:

  1. Love those Joss polishes! I've worn Your Mum Wouldn't Like It, and could not stop looking at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, it's almost hypnotizing! It's not safe to drive while wearing it :D

      Delete
  2. I might have to look into Joss polishes soon after all - all your fault!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both really pretty! And I think they would go well together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. Both look wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete