Saturday, April 12, 2014

Smitten Polish ~ Love Is Actually All Around



Smitten Polish ~ Love Is Actually All Around
Red linear holo

I bought Love Is Actually All Around at the same time as I bought I Never Drink… Wine, that I showed you yesterday. I was honestly unsure whether I really wanted this or not, because I couldn’t really figure out if this was a true red holo or not. I might as well spoil the surprise right away: It’s not a true red holo. It is gorgeous nonetheless, and let me show you what I’m talking about.

The formula is good, and application was a breeze! The polish dries fast and it takes two coats to make it look its best.

And here’s the pictures taken with a flash. There’s no topcoat involved just yet:


It looks great, doesn’t it?


The holo flame is amazingly beautiful!


Here’s a picture taken in my lightbox without flash. This shows that we’re not dealing with a true red. There’s a hint of something else. I hesitate to call it brick red, but… yeah… Judge for yourself:


I paired it with a Chirality polish: Cu2+, which is a lovely blue holo – it’s my favourite Chirality. I showed it in this post. I painted three stripes on each nail – a long, a medium and a short, starting from the base of the nails. I topped it with a layer of Ellagee’s topcoat Glass. And here’s a flash picture of the final mani:


And another one. I love these two colours together.


Here’s a lightbox picture.


 The pretties:


Oh yeah, I am glad I decided to buy Love Is Actually All Around too! What do you think of this?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really fast
Finish: Strong linear holo
Overall impression: Really cool colour – but not true red, the holo effect is great, and the drying time is really something!!
Buy again: Yes

You can buy Smitten polishes from Edgy Polish – they ship internationally.
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the red! I'm falling in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need that red (as in also THAT red - sigh ;)
    Beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, It never stops, does it?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani reminds me of strawberries, though strawberries don't have blue leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a great ideA, i'll try and pair it with green next time :)

      Delete