Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Color Club ~ 1016 Riviera



Color Club ~ 1016 Riviera
Sea foam green texture with teal glitter

Riviera is from the Seasalt collection from winter 2013, and it’s the only one out of 6 polishes I bought. The other colours didn’t appeal to me at all, and I don’t regret that choice when I look at swatches.

But anyway – application is easy and the drying time is really good. It took two easy coats to achieve full opacity.

This is what it looks like; two coats, no topcoat:


I really like the addition of teal glitter, that really makes this polish worth owning, if you ask me :)


Then I made a mistake :D I wanted to add extra glitter, so I grabbed a green glitter from Viva la Diva. I thought it was a topper, but the green jelly base is way denser than I imagined. That means I pretty much covered up the original sea foam green Color Club… Take a look at what one coat of Viva la Diva’s “Explosion” look over Riviera:


The teal glitters still show! :D



I rummaged around in my Helmers to find the perfect polish to layer over this. After a while I gave up, so you have actually seen the end result by now.

If you’ve got clever suggestions about what I should have done with this I’d be thrilled to hear them in the comments below! :)


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Texture with glitter
Overall impression: This is definitely the gem of the Seasalt collection! The colour is great and the glitter makes it look amazing.
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. The teal glitter is great. The base colour could be more vivid, still I like it, and I like it with the topper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind more vividness either, but I'm with you, it's cool as it is too :)

      Delete
  2. Riviera is gorgeous! It actually kind of reminds me of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream but textured :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of that. It's a very good point indeed :)

      Delete
  3. It's so mermaid-y on it's own, but I kind of like it with the glitter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how surprised I was over the fact that the glitter wasn't a topper :D

      Delete
  4. they both look good, by itself and with the topper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I've got it - but still to use it. :-)

    I've tried two from this collection. Coastline - which was a nightmare to apply but stunning looking and Seaside which also was hard to work with and kept catching in my hair :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hate it when polish catch the hair or sweaters or other things! :/

      Delete