Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ooh la lacquer ~ Summer Daze



Ooh la lacquer ~ Summer Daze
Lilac linear holographic

Here’s my last Ooh La Lacquer for now.

The formula is good but the polish is rather sheer. I used three coats to achieve the opacity and depth you see on the pictures. The drying time between the coats is pretty average.

Here’s three coats and no topcoat:


It looks pretty, doesn’t it?


Here’s a low light picture:


I can see that it’s a pretty polish, but seriously, it’s not me at all. It’s way too discrete, or inoffensive if you like.

So I made some dots on it. I used Smitten’s Ker-Bloom, which I showed you here. It helps a bit, take a look at my final mani:


Low light picture:


It helped with the dots, but this is my least favourite Ooh La Lacquer polish. It might even end up in the infamous box of shame!!


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Average
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: The colour is too soft for my likings and the sheerness puts me off a bit.
Buy again: No

22 comments:

  1. I like it. It's very girly, girly in a virgin ;) way ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too girly for me, but I can still appreciate how pretty it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty lavender shade, I like this polish so much! Blue makes it even cooler :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pity it's so sheer, the color is pretty IMO :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sweet and delicate color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous. Love the colour and the holo effect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL i like your description: inoffensive haha =))) I LOVE colors like these!! I guess I don't like offending people hihihihihi!!! =0)) but the sheerness may be a little off-putting though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yeah, inoffensive was the first word that sprang to mind with this one :D
      Sheerness and I are not good friends :)

      Delete
  8. Love it with blue dots! ^_^

    ReplyDelete