Monday, August 4, 2014

CrowsToes ~ Vanaheim



CrowsToes ~ Vanaheim
Colour shifting glitter that goes from green to copper and teal

I was excited to try the other polishes from the Nine Realms collection, and Vanaheim is the one that I’m going to show you today.

In Norse mythology, Vanaheimr (Old Norse "home of the Vanir") is one of the Nine Worlds and home of the Vanir, a group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom, and the ability to see the future. The “r” at the end of Vanaheim is intentional btw...this is how it’s spelt. I don’t know why CrowsToes left that out

Anyway – Vanaheim was not on my wishlist to begin with. I’m not that fond of golden colours and it was pretty obvious that this polish has exactly that. I ended up buying it anyway because it looked really pretty on pictures. My heart sank a bit when I received my bottle. It was indeed golden.

But all my worries disappeared when I put it on! I used two easy coats for my swatches and the drying time between the coats is pretty good.

This is how beautiful it is! Two coats, no topcoat.

 
I mean, I am just completely in love with the colour shift!


The polish dries up a little bit gritty, but it’s nothing that a good topcoat can’t handle.


I’m not wearing a topcoat on these pictures.


I spend a while trying to figure out what to do with this, until I realized that no matter what I did it would compete with the beauty of the polish. I ended up not doing nail art on it. Shocking, I know! :D


Verdict:
Great colour shifting glitter, nothing bad to report at all, preciouses, no - nothing bad at all!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Glitter that shifts from green to copper and teal
Overall impression: Baby I’m impressed! Seriously impressed!
Buy again: Yes Ma’m!

You can buy the Nine Realms collection from norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

23 comments:

  1. It's so nice when a bottle disappoints you - but when the polish is on the nails you love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic when it's like that. It's much better than when it's the other way around :D

      Delete
  2. It's pretty indeed and also a pleasant surprise for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, love this color! Really nice photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish looks a bit different and I like it! Very nice green! It's good when that happens! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like it when that happens :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, it looks so unusual! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I looooove this, I think have to put this on my wishlist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful! I love that the glitters show up so sparkly and prominent on the nails... really stunning! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is indeed very sparkly, which I like a lot :)

      Delete
  8. That is jaw droppingly beautiful. I've got to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is jaw droppingly beautiful. I've got to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a huge fan of gold either... I can see how you would be disappointed looking at the bottle but it does look gorgeous on your nails! I love the green/gold shift! I think this one is interesting enough to be worn on it's own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. It's so full of life that it's perfectly wearable on its own :)

      Delete
  11. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This collection is clearly a win! Is it wrong that part of the reason I want it is because of the theme of Norse mythology fits perfectly with my blog :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that's definitely not wrong. I knew I wanted some because of the theme even before the first swatches were released :D

      Delete