Sunday, October 5, 2014

Ellagee ~ Boo You Whore



Ellagee ~ Boo You Whore
turquoise with scattered and linear holographic shimmer

Boo You Whore is from the I Have ESPN collection, inspired by the movie, Mean Girls. I loved the polish from the moment I laid eyes on it – it’s just my colour, wait and see.

The formula is good and the polish applies easily. I used two coats for my swatches, but if you’ve got long nails you might want to use three. The drying time between the coats is good. And baby, can this honey shine!

Take a look at two coats and no topcoat, picture is taken with flash:


Is that a me-colour or what? I’ll say it is!


I seriously couldn’t stop taking pictures of this!


And the best thing? It also looks great out of the flash lights!


I decided to pair it with another Ellagee, namely The Crazy Gipsy in my Soul, which is a lovely, lovely magenta with holographic shimmer. I masked my nails with stickers for French manis, and then painted the lower half of my nails with The Crazy Gipsy in my Soul before removing the stickers again. I made a dot in the middle with a third Ellagee, Chase the Clouds Away. A layer of topcoat sealed the whole thing off – here’s my final mani:


And a low light picture – ‘cause I love it out of the flash lights too!


Here are the three Ellagee polishes I used:


Verdict:
Boo You Whore is exactly as beautiful as I thought it would be. I absolutely love everything about it. The colour is amazing, the rainbows are beautiful and it’s just a fine polish!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo with holo shimmer
Overall impression: I love both the colour and the rainbows. It’s a me polish if there ever was one ;)
Buy again: Yes!

12 comments:

  1. This is indeed SO much a you-color - just as much as The Crazy Gipsy in my Soul is a me-color :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I love both those two polishes, and I think they look really good together too :)

      Delete
  2. What a name ;) Nice mani - the Boo... is very pretty, I like such hues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my kind of hue too for sure - the name, oh well, haha! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooo boo you whore is not only a you color its a me color too! I think the finished mani looks really striking. All of the ellagees are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic polishes! I love the way you combined them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colour and it looks good with the other colours too :-) Lovely design :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it makes me glad to hear it :)

      Delete