Friday, October 3, 2014

Ellagee ~ Mother Knows Best



Ellagee ~ Mother Knows Best
sparkling deep red wine with linear and scattered holographic shimmer and flashes of gold

Mother Knows Best is from the recent Villainous Holo-ween collection and is inspired by inspired by Mother Gothel from the Disney movie, Tangled. 

The formula is great and the polish applies effortlessly. It takes two coats to achieve desired opacity and the drying time between the coats is good.

Are you ready for something cool? Take a look at two coats and no topcoat – the picture is taken with flash:


Pretty, vampy, sparkly…


The polish is also looking cool in low lights.


I decided that this autumn-y holo polish needed a sparkly friend. I grabbed another Ellagee, namely We Wants the Redhead, which is a red and gold glitter. I painted two stripes of glitter on each nail and finished the whole thing off with a layer of topcoat. Here’s my final mani taken with flash:


The holo hides the glitter, so let me turn that flashlight off for you:


See how the glitter goes perfectly with the burgundy? I think they look like if they were made for each other!


Verdict:
Yet another winner from Ellagee! The formula and the drying time is great and the polish is easy to work with. I like the colour, although it’s verging on the edge of brown – it’s the gold that does it, I think :) I’m not spooked though and will definitely wear this again. Polished thumbs up for Mother Knows Best.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Very good
Finish: Linear holo with golden shimmer
Overall impression: Great quality polish. Nice autumn-y colour that fits the season perfectly.
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty one and the sparkles <3 I like the glitter on it too very nice effect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The glitter was really subtle in real life, but I liked that addition a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh it's amazing -I was hoping you didn't like it - and I could offer to adopt it muahhhaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripes are just perfect on top of that beautiful polish!

    ReplyDelete