Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Polish Revolution ~ The Sea Was Rolling Hot



Polish Revolution ~ The Sea Was Rolling Hot
periwinkle, lilac, gunmetal and turquoise glitter in a clear base

‘The Sea Was Rolling Hot’ can be used both as a topper and on its own. I decided to try it on its own – it’s always nice to know what your polishes can actually do. It took three coats to build up to almost opacity and the drying time between the coats is pretty good.

I had a hint of sunshine, so take a look at three coats and a layer of topcoat in the sun:


The shininess almost made my camera freak out!


Here’s a lightbox pic that shows the colours a bit better.


I was unsure about what to do with it, so I took some cat nail stickers and stuck a cat onto each nail. Here’s my final mani in the sun:


And here’s a lightbox picture:


Aren’t those cats just adorable? I love them!
Next time I try to use this as a topper – I think I may prefer it that way :)


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: A bit faster than average
Finish: Clear base packed with glitter
Overall impression: Great mix of glitters. I think I would have liked the base to be tinted
Buy again: No

17 comments:

  1. I think I'm in love with this one! And the cats are adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very pretty glitter, the colour combination is very well done. I also like it with the cats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cat stickers are really great, I'm so pleased with them :)

      Delete
  3. I think it would be better over a colored base, and I suspect you might want to keep it then LOL - it's quite "you" colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, I would have been better off with some coloured underwear. I will remember that till next time :)

      Delete
  4. That's what every girl needs in her life, a polish like that <3 And how cute with the cats! Adore them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of the glitters. It's a pity it's not quite opaque after 3 coats. I totally love the little cats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try with some coloured underwear next time, so the nails don't peek through :) cats, I love them :)

      Delete
  6. I have a handful of polishes from this brand but haven't worn them yet. I really love this one and need to pull it out and give it some attention. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the glitter and the kitties :)

    ReplyDelete