Monday, June 19, 2017

KBShimmer ~ Macaw Me Maybe



KBShimmer ~ Macaw Me Maybe
Red linear holo

It’s always nice when you get both polishes and stamping plates during the week! This week I got both KBShimmer polishes and Lina stamping plates and today I’m going to use one of each.

The KBShimmer Macaw Me Maybe is from the Nauti by Nature collection from spring 2017. The formula is great and easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time was really good.

The stamps I used all came from Lina stamping plate Make Your Mark 01. I stamped with Red and White, both are stamping polishes from El Corazón. I considered stamping with Macaw Me Maybe, but I wasn’t quite sure whether I’d be getting the desired effect, so I ditched the idea again.

Here’s my final mani, including topcoat and taken with flash.


The same thing in the lightbox.


And here are the bottles of polish I used.


I bought a couple of Lina stamping plates, and this is the first I’m using. I originally bought them because of the plate with the big open square that’s meant to use for gradients. I was quite challenged by the motif on my pinkie though and experienced that it was really easy to scrape off too much of the stamping polish. So I expect that the big gradient square will be an even bigger challenge, and it’s definitely not as easy as some girls make it look in their videos. You can also see what I’m talking about if you look at the “splat” on my ring finger. It’s not as crisp as it could have been. The smaller motifs seems to be picked up effortlessly.
   
Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Nice polish, I like the quality!
Buy again: Yes

13 comments: