Friday, July 7, 2017

Miss Sporty ~ 466



Miss Sporty ~ 466
Orange with very subtle pink shimmer

Today’s post isn’t going to be a step by step post because I wasn’t in the mood for that – so I didn’t take photos as I finished each step like I usually do.

But I’m still going to talk you through the steps; it is a blog after all, and I do use my blog posts as reference when I run across an already tried polish.

So: I used two layers of the orange Miss Sporty. The drying time was average.
Then I applied a layer of Lacquester’s holo topcoat: Holo Dek 14-35. It’s not my favourite holo topper because it greys the base colour quite a lot, even after one coat.

Then I stamped on it. I used my new stamping templates from Born Pretty Store so I could get a triangular stamp on each nail without using tape. The motif is from Lina’s stamping plate Make Your Mark 04; it’s various sized letters. The stamp didn’t work really well. I am not sure whether it was the template’s fault or if it was the stamping polish from El Corazón “Blue Neon” that didn’t quite work with the stamper; but the result wasn’t amazing.

I made two stripes on each nail to frame the stamped pattern.

This is the final mani, including a layer of Moyra’s stamping topcoat.


These two pictures are both taken in the morning sunshine.


Here is the stuff I used. You can see the triangular template in the bottom left corner of the picture.


Hm. I would have liked this way better if the stamp had come out crisp and clear.

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Very subtle shimmer
Overall impression: Fun polish, I like the colour
Buy again: Yes

8 comments: