Thursday, July 27, 2017

OPI ~ Take the Stage & Extra-Va-Vaganza



OPI ~ Take the Stage & Extra-Va-Vaganza
Orange-y copper foil & Orange and gold glitter

Today I’m wearing two polishes that aren’t exactly new. They are both from the Burlesque collection from holiday 2010! Wow, right?! I haven’t had either of them for that long though, I only bought them recently.

I used them together. First two layers of Take the Stage. Formula is okay – it’s a little bit thin but it covers in two coats anyway. The drying time was pretty good. I sponged the glitter onto my tips and sealed the whole thing up with topcoat.

Here’s my final mani in the sun.


This is Take the Stage on its own. Two coats, no topcoat. Isn’t it just gorgeous!?


Did you notice that I didn’t say anything about how easy it was to apply? The formula is thin but manageable, but the brush is horrible. I had such a hard time avoiding my cuticles. Can you tell why?


Here are the two bottles of polish from way back when.


I like both of these! Burlesque seems like a cool collection for glitter and shimmer lovers like myself.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Finish: Foil & Glitter
Overall impression: The formula is thin on both of the polishes, but manageable for sure.
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. Lovely outcome and the two nail polishes compliment each other very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 I think they are such a nice match!

      Delete
  2. stunning sexy manicure. I love the final result :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, I am so glad to hear that 😘

      Delete
  3. Both are beautiful, but the brush... well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely manicure! To bad about the brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, the brush could have been so much better! ☺️

      Delete
  5. looks good but I would hate a bad brush with a polish too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I should check if it's possible to buy a new brush for it 😊

      Delete
  6. Very nice color and i like the combo. To bad with the brush..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, it's a little bit annoying with the brush. :)

      Delete