Sunday, September 6, 2020

Nabi: Wine

Nabi: Wine
Wine red scattered holo

Today I'm wearing a really pretty wine red holo from Nabi. The formula is a bit tricky. I used three coats for my nails today because I wasn't careful enough with application. The fewer strokes you use with this polish, the better. If you use more than 3-4 strokes per nail, the brush will start pulling off the previous layer, which is super irritating. But anyway - the drying time is good.

I applied water decals onto it. All my Nabis are notorious bleeders and so is "Wine", so it bled through the decals when I topcoated it all. That made the decals somewhat subtle on the nails...

Anyway, here's the final result.

Nabi: Wine
Nabi: Wine

I like the colour of this and I actually also like the subtleness of the decals.

Nabi: Wine
Nabi: Wine

Here's Nabi's "Wine" on its own, three coats and no topcoat. The polish changed its colour quite a bit when I added the topcoat. Fortunately I like it a bit better with topcoat than without.

Nabi: Wine
Nabi: Wine

Here are the two things I used today.

Nabi: Wine
Nabi: Wine

"Wine" is a nice polish, despite the tricky formula and the bleeding "flaw".


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: Nice colour, tricky formula, the polish changes colour when topcoat is applied, which is a bit weird
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. It seems a bit strange that it changes colour when topcoat is applied... but, this polish is a real beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete