Sunday, October 9, 2011

China Glaze ~ Flying Dragon


China Glaze ~ Flying Dragon
Deep Purple with blue and red micro glitter

This polish is from the the China Glaze 2008 INK collection. Not one of the new kids on the block, but all China Glazes are new to me, so that’s not holding me back. I don’t mind if it’s from a previous years’ collection, just as long as the colour is pretty.

I fell for both the colour and for the name, and was very excited to try it on. I loved the vibrant deep purple, and all the blue glitter, that was visible in the bottle.

I hadn’t read any reviews about this polish, so I was surprised to see how matte the finish was, even after the first layer. It was a bit on the tricky side to apply, but I managed. I gave it a second layer, and after that, a third layer. It could possibly have done with only two layers, but some colours just deserve that little extra that another coat adds. It dried very fast, so even though I’m not the most patient person in the world, it wasn’t really an issue to wait for the third layer to dry. 


The picture shows three layers of Flying Dragon on each finger, with the left finger having an additional coat of Seche Vite, which I hope also shows off the matte finish, kinda ‘before and after’.

I have read that it’s the neon in combination with the glitter that gives the rough finish. Two generous coats of Seche Vite Top Coat solves that problem though. People who like matte nail polishes could easily do without any top coat at all.


It’s a cool colour, but I must admit that looks cooler in the bottle than it does on the nails. The glitter is quite a lot less visible on the nails than you’d expect and that’s the downside for me. It’s still a pretty colour though, just not quite as expected.  So – slightly disappointed with the effect but nonetheless pleased with the colour. :)


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment