Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Color Club ~ Alias

Color Club ~ Alias
A purple/green duochrome

Alias is from the Color Club Spring 2011 “Alter Ego” collection. I’m a huge Color Club fan, and I am sorry to say that this is the first time I feel that Color Club has let me down. 


I only applied two layers of Alias, and perhaps that is part of the thing that went wrong, because I didn’t see any duochrome effect whatsoever. It was a very sparkly purple, perhaps the sparkliest I’ve ever seen, but no matter how much I twisted and turned my fingers, I didn’t see any green at all. That was very disappointing. I took a picture of the bottle, where the greenish colour actually does show itself, but there is simply no green visible on my nails.

Another thing that surprised me was the formula. The polish was kind of runny and sheerer than any other Color Club I’ve got. So perhaps I should have gone for 3 or maybe even 4 layers. I’ll try that next time and will report back here. 


 
The last bad thing I’ll mention is about the formula also. This took much longer to dry than I’m used to, and it didn’t last as long as the other colours I’ve got either. I must admit, I’m not particularly happy with this product.

The most positive thing I can say about this polish is that it has a nice colour. The purple is really pretty, and as mentioned before, very shiny and shimmery. But, that’s not what I was looking for. I have shiny and shimmery already, you know?

Next duochrome up is from Nubar. I hope I have more luck with that.



Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 3/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 4.5/10
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. It's a pretty color, but I can see why you're disappointed. Oh well, I hope you have luck with the next duochrome!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! <3
    I've seen so many beautiful duochromes online, so I was *very* disappointed in the lack of effect, even though the colour was amazingly pretty in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when polishes take too long to dry, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :) I'm way too impatient for nail polishes that take forever to dry!

    ReplyDelete