Sunday, October 23, 2011

MISA & Halloween

Hi girls :)

I’m following quite a lot of nail blogs, and that means I see lots of various colours and nail designs every day. One thing that really fascinates me is stamping. I've been meaning to try it myself for a while now, but Denmark is far behind when it comes to buying nail art stuff. The only solution is to order the "tools" online, and recently I finally got to order a collection of stamping plates and stamping polish from an online site.

I was very exited when the parcel finally arrived, and was determined to try stamping right away. Since we're close to Halloween, I went for an orange base, namely MISA's "Ready, set, sunshine". It's a neon orange creme, which is very easy to apply. The pic shows two coats, next time I promise to be more patient and do three. That way I reach full opacity.



Moving on to the stamping : There are lots of flower and butterfly designs, but it has to be more "rough" for Halloween, so I went for spiders on four nails and a skull on the thumbnail, in black. Both motifs are on Konad's M28.

I have been watching some Youtube vids in order to see how to do it, and I had no problems with making it look the way I wanted it. The hardest part is to place the motifs evenly on the nails. 



A layer of top coat (an old one from Revlon this time), and I was ready to go.
I think it's beautiful, and I wish I had ordered some stamping plates before.

And! A girl stopped me and asked me if she could have a closer look at my nails, and then wanted to know where I had got it made! That was cool!:D 


MISA "Ready, Set, Sunshine" score:
Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No


PS. I have been wearing polishes with glitter and shimmer for so long that I was simply amazed over how easy MISA's polish was to remove! :D 

7 comments:

  1. Great nail art - perfect for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sandra ~ Thank you. I was so pleased with it myself. :)

    @ Jaztee ~ Thank you so much. We don't do much Halloween here, but I thought this would be a small contribution to spread the word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome. It's a cool orange, too! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the orange. I was a little disappointed in the formula compared to the other MISA I've tried, that is why the "buy again" is a "no". ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really tried any polishes from MISA.. I'm definitely not as pro as you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... and looking around on other blogs shows me that the only thing that makes perfect is practice. :D ♥

    ReplyDelete