Friday, May 2, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Catherine



Darling Diva ~ Catherine  
Magenta with holo effect and blurple glitters

It’s time for another Darling Diva polish – I still got a few in my box of untrieds, and they really want to move into the Helmer. Catherine was the most eager of the bunch, which is why I’m wearing her today.

The formula is good, I didn’t experience any problems with application at all. Two coats is what it takes to build up the opacity and the drying time is pretty good too. In fact: I don’t have anything bad to report at all :D

So here’s what Catherine looks like; 2 coats and a layer of Poshé topcoat. The picture is taken with flash:


As you can see the holo effect isn’t the strongest, but I find it really nice anyway.


Here’s a picture taken in my lightbox so you can see the glitters too. I like this combination of finishes!


I recently bought a bunch of small stickers in various shapes, and decided to try and make a bit of nail art with these stars:


I placed the stickers on my nails and painted with Ellagee’s “Delilah Blue”, which I showed you here

Here’s what that looked like:


And your low light picture. I quite like this effect!


When it was dry I applied a layer of Spectraflair topcoat from Piper Polish Co. It isn’t the topcoat with the strongest holo effect, but the cool thing is that it almost doesn’t dull the colours underneath it.
Note: I’ve ordered Dance Legend’s Prismatic topcoat, and I have a couple of other holo topcoats, so I’ll make a comparison once the Dance Legend is in da house.

Anyway, here’s my final mani, taken with flash:

  
Oh yes, this is something I like! I can’t wait to try my other shapes of stickers, it’ll be fun to make some cool manis with them!

Here are the polishes I used: 



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: fast
Durability: Good
Overall impression: Catherine is a sweet colour. She doesn’t have much edge, but the added glitters makes a huge difference!
Buy again: Yes

5 comments:

  1. Catherine is such a lovely colour. I like what you've done with the stars and the top coat just gives it that extra edge :-)

    I've got the DL holo top coat (untried lol) and I've got OPI's Paris Couture For Sure, which is just stunning as holo topper :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, I didn't know that OPI had a holo topper! Thanks for that tip :)

      Delete
  2. So beautiful colors and I really like what you with the stars :)

    ReplyDelete