Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ellagee ~ Hear me Roar

Ellagee ~ Hear me Roar
Hot pink (leaning red) linear holo with holo shimmer

Here’s my latest purchase from Ellagee:


It’s Hear me Roar, Purple Haze, We Wants the Redhead, and a topcoat: Glass.

Anyway, I decided to try Hear me Roar on first. It’s pink, it’s holo and it looks even more fabulous in the bottle than I imagined.

The formula is great; the polish was almost self-applying! I used my regular basecoat, and experienced no problems with dragging or bald spots. It took two coats to achieve full opacity and the drying time between the coats was really fast.

And girls, this polish is fabulous! Take a look at two coats and no topcoat. The picture is taken with flash:


I believe that “WOW” is a good word for it, don’t you think?


I think I took a brazilion pictures of this!


This is what the polish looks like in lower lights. There are still rainbows, yay!!


I had actually considered not doing anything with this, but I ended up making a line and three dots on each nail. I used a striper from Aden I bought in Hungary. I finished my mani off with a layer of Glass topcoat.

Here’s the final result taken with flash:


And here’s a low light picture:


Verdict:
This polish is a true gem! The colour is breathtaking and so is the holo effect. The formula is really good, and the drying time is wicked fast! And the fact that it also flashes rainbows in low lights is a great bonus. So yes, Hear me Roar ticks all the right boxes for me, and I will definitely recommend it.
  

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really fast
Finish: A good linear holo
Overall impression: Oh yes, this is a me polish for sure. Great colour, great holo! Hear me roar!!! :D
Buy again: Yes!


This post is dedicated to a holo challenge in a Facebook group I'm in. It's called Freakin' Weekly Challenge, and this week's theme is red. Hear me Roar is described as pink but I still think it leans red enough to actually participate in the challenge. 

Visit the other girls who participated:  

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea that is. I just checked out the site looks a good deal :-)

    Lovely holo polish :-) I really do love these holos you are posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great deal :) The polish is even more fantastic than I thought it was going to be :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this one could roar in my stash anytime - it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I'm curious about We Wants the Redhead, it looks great in the bottle. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Wants the Redhead is gorgeous, and it's up now :)

      Delete
  4. I'm not a pink person, but I like this, so I think you're right that it must be sorta red! ;-) Very nice, and cute design. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way of measuring it :D Thank you!! :)

      Delete
  5. This is a lovely holo! :)

    ReplyDelete