Thursday, May 1, 2014

Misa ~ Lash Out, Eye Candy & High Brow ~ swatches



Misa ~ Lash Out, Eye Candy & High Brow  

The three Misa polishes I am going to show you today are all from the Blink of an Eye-collection from autumn 2013. I only bought them recently so these ones didn’t get to sit in the box of untrieds for long. There were six polishes in the collection, and I only bought these three. Funnily enough it was the glitters of the collection I gave a miss; mainly because I didn’t find them special enough!

But let’s get started. The first one up is Lash Out, a super bright teal with shimmer. The formula is good and so is the drying time. It takes two coats to achieve full opacity, and the polish dries up to a silky matte finish.

Here’s what the beauty looks like without topcoat:


It’s sooo pretty, I love it!


The sun was shining, so I snapped a sunshine pic for you!


Then I applied a layer of topcoat, because I love shiny things. Take a look at how much prettier it is with topcoat:


I also snapped a picture in the sunshine:


This is the star in the collection for me. I love, love, love it!


Second polish up is Eye Candy, which is a lovely bright orange toned red. Eye Candy is also packed with shimmer, which makes it even lovelier. It also dries up to a silky matte finish, like Lash Out does.

Same good formula on this one, average drying time, and also two coats for the pictures.


This is gorgeous and goes so well with my skin tone!


A sunshine pic:


Topcoat makes this baby amazing!!


And even more amazing in the sun! Wow!



Oh yes, I love this too.


The last one up, High Brow, was actually the one I had been looking forward to the most. It’s a Burgundy shimmer with a blue base, and it’s also packed with shimmer. It’s got the same good formula and drying time, and also dries up silky matte.

Here’s two coats:


It’s dark and vampy, and the shimmer is lovely.


It looks fantastic in the sun!


I applied topcoat, and it was changing into an even prettier polish!


And in the sun it was just WOW!


Although I think High Brow is pretty, then it’s too dark for me to actually love it. It’s a shame because like I said, I really thought that this was the star of the collection.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Silky matte – I recommend a topcoat
Overall impression: I like the collection, because I think the colours are cool and the shimmer is looking great.
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. I like the finish of these polishes. All are pretty but the last one reminds me of OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Every Month is Oktoberfest, and I can hear that I don't need to buy it now, now that I have the Misa :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, my heart is beating fast! All polishes are beautiful!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all but the first just looks amazing the in sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow at High Brow! That's my kind of polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really, really gorgeous all three of them!

    ReplyDelete