Saturday, May 24, 2014

Lacquer Lust ~ Un-Teal We Meet Again



Lacquer Lust ~ Un-Teal We Meet Again
Teal linear holo

There was a time where I thought that my favourite colour nail polish was purple, and that nothing could change that. That was before I got my first teal. Regular readers here know that I have a soft spot for teal, I think it can be such a gorgeous colour! Allow me to show you my latest teal, namely Lacquer Lust’s “Un-Teal We Meet Again”. I think it’s a stupid name, but let’s find out if I like the polish, shall we?

It’s my first and only Lacquer Lust, but since this is not the cheapest brand on the block, I did have high expectations. The formula is no less than great, and so is the coverage. It takes two easy and fast drying coats to achieve full opacity. And wow, this polish is amazing. Take a look for yourself if you don’t believe me:


Is that a Me-polish, or what???


Here’s a low light picture. It is a bit dusty out of the flashlight, but as you can see it still shows a corner of a rainbow in low lights, so I’m willing to forgive the dustiness.


It took me a while to figure out what to do with it. I ended up with dots. I used Ellagee’s “Chase the Clouds Away” and I painted four relatively big dots diagonally across each nail. Then I made three smaller dots on each side of them. And when it was dry I topcoated it with Ellagee’s topcoat Glass. Here’s the final result:


Low light picture:


I think these two polishes look really great together. And they also have a thing in common: They both have hearts on the bottle:


I really like the result of this! What about you? And do you always know how your manis are going to end up before you start doing them? Please do share in the comments below :)


I bought Lacquer Lust from norwaynails.com – they also sell Ellagee polishes.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

6 comments:

  1. Teal holo - that is so you!!
    I like the way you combined the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teal, teal, teal, it just doesn't stop :D
      Thank you - I was so pleased with this myself :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing holo effect! This teal is gorgeous and I do like the dots too - nice combo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete