Friday, July 24, 2015

Ooh La Lacquer ~ Beach Bummer



Ooh La Lacquer ~ Beach Bummer
Hot pink weak linear holo

I have got a couple of Ooh La Lacquers in the box of untrieds, and Beach Bummer is one of them. I decided to use it in a water marble mani!

The formula is quite sheer – it’s the first time I experience that with an Ooh La Lacquer. I used three coats to build it up to desired opacity. The drying time between the coats was good.

I only applied two coats on my ring finger and my middle finger.

I used a Star Gazer polish as my second marbling polish. It’s called #157 and is a blueberry (or even indigo blue) beauty. Both polishes spread out nicely on the water.

I dotted my pinkie and my pointer with the Stargazer too, and there’s topcoat on all the nails to finish it all of.

Here’s my final mani:

 
The indigo almost turned purple over the pink.


I like marbled striped like these. I used both liquid latex and tape on my fingers.


What I learned about marbling today:
  • If you mess the pattern up in the water, you should start over instead of trying to fix it. It’s the second time I learn that – next time I might even remember it, haha.
  • It’s possible to marble with sheer polishes if you wear a good base colour underneath. Here I used the same pink underneath.

Number of coats:
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Weak linear holo
Overall impression: I’m impressed by the three coats or by the weak rainbows. It’s a nice colour but it doesn’t wow me.
Buy again: No

13 comments: