Sunday, August 27, 2017

Starrily ~ Gamma Ray



Starrily ~ Gamma Ray
Hot pink linear holo

There are colours that always make my nails happy. Pink is one of those colours and it’s a bonus if it’s holographic too.

Gamma Ray has got a perfect formula, it’s easy to apply and it takes two coats to achieve full opacity. The drying time is really good too.

I stamped flowers down the middle of each nail. The flowers are from the stamping plate QJ-L14 and I stamped with Moyra’s foil polish for stamping in black.

This is my final mani in the sun, including a layer of Moyra’s stamping topcoat.


The sun went behind a cloud. This is how pretty the polish is, even without sun.


This is Gamma Ray on its own. I took this picture with flash because the sun was so unpredictable.


Here is the stuff I used for my manicure.


Let me get back to the Foil polish for stamping. It’s a more “sticky” polish, which means that you can stamp with it and then use foil over it for a spectacular effect. I haven’t got any nail foil, but I have got holo powder! I tried to stamp with the Foil Polish and then sprinkle magenta holo powder over it. I brushed the excess off and topcoated the whole thing and it worked! Unfortunately I used a glitter too close to my base colour, so I only did this one nail with glitter. You get to see it anyway, and behold! This is the first time the little finger on my left hand is on the blog!!


It’s pretty, don’t you think? I have now ordered some nail foil from evilbay to see if I can get that to work with the Foil polish. I can’t wait to try it!!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Pretty colour and rainbows, good quality polish
Buy again: Yes

6 comments: