Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Colors by Llarowe ~ Red Dawn


Colors by Llarowe ~ Red Dawn
Described as a multichrome holo shifting between purple, gold, red and more

“Red Dawn” is from The Mysterious Vanishing Pigment collection from 2014. My bottle doesn’t seem to have the lots of shifts that the description says. Red to gold perhaps but that’s about it. I don’t see any purple in it at all and if I hadn’t read that this is supposed to be a multichrome then I wouldn’t have known because I can’t actually see it.

“Red Dawn” has got a really nice formula though and the coverage is really good. I think I could have got away with one single coat! I used two though and the drying time is good.

I wanted to try some of my new nail foils: holo hearts! It didn’t turn out well at all though! The hearts didn’t want to stick to my nails, only bits of the hearts and it didn’t look very good to be honest. I covered it up with a shimmer topper from Gabriella Salvete called “Acrobat”.

Here’s what my nails ended up looking like. You can see the bits of foil underneath the topper if you look closely.

Colors by Llarowe ~ Red Dawn

This is “Red Dawn” alone. It’s two coats and a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken in the evening sun.

Colors by Llarowe ~ Red Dawn

And here are the things I used: The polishes, the nail glue and the nail foil.


“Red Dawn” is no longer available.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Holographic
Overall impression: Good formula, nice polish. I don’t see much of a shift, if any.
Buy again: Yes, possibly

4 comments:

  1. Hi sweetheart! What a precious finish at the end! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That CbL holo is so pretty. I myself have bought my first few CbL holos and they all are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete