Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gloss ‘N Sparkle ~ Edge of the World



Gloss ‘N Sparkle ~ Edge of the World
Dark teal jelly base with micro hologlitter and blue and green glitters and hexes

There’s only nine days until Christmas now. It’s amazing how this month has just passed.

‘Edge of the World’ looked really amazing on pictures, so I couldn’t wait to see if it lived up to my very high expectations. I’ll reveal that at the end of this post.

I am not the best of friends with jellies, but this one actually behaved quite nicely. The glitter is quite chunky and there’s quite a lot of it, so I had to be careful to get the paint all the way to the edges of my nails without getting it all over my cuticles. I managed that quite well, and I give all credit to the polish for behaving nicely. The polish is on the thick side, so it covers quite well. It only took two coats to reach desired opacity. The downside of the thickness is that the drying time was on the slow side. I did manage to sit through the drying time between layers though! :D

I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat, and my mani was done.


I can only say Oh.My.Gawd!! I Absolutely.Love.This!


I love, love, love the way the glitters swim around in the dark base.


I can easily forgive the slow drying time when the polish ends up looking like that on my nails!


Can you see the depth of it? It’s amazing! My pictures don’t even do it justice.


One last picture, just because I took so ridiculously many.


I guess it isn’t a secret that this polish lived up fully to my expectations. I love that the base isn’t just black, but actually dark teal. The glitters and hexes are so beautiful, and the added holo microglitter just makes this polish pretty close to perfect.

Is this a polish you’d wear? And have you got a trick that makes polish dry a bit faster? If so, please do share in the comments below, and I’ll be forever grateful! <3

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: -/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is pretty, the glitters are too large for me, but wow, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like this colour, and I love the way the glitters flow in the jelly :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful Glitter <3
    http://unghiutele.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looove this one. Sooo beautiful. :-) Green and blue are so great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. There's no way that I'm going to disagree with you :)

      Delete
  5. That's so pretty! The glitters look fantastic in the jelly finish. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am so glad that the polish lived up to my high expectations :)

      Delete
  6. wow! that is super gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete