Friday, April 3, 2020

Claire's ~ 69929 Royal Blue Holo


Claire's ~ 69929 Royal Blue Holo
Blue metallic shimmer

Let me tell you right away: Today's polish is not holographic even though the name contains the word "holo". It's a beautiful blue metallic shimmer though and I really hoped that it wasn't a topper.

The formula is a bit tricky. The first layer was patchy and streaky and uneven. The second coat was easier but still tricky. The third layer did the trick though. The drying time of this beauty is good. Little "blops" turned up on my nails as the polish dried. Fortunately it wasn't visible in real life - but my camera picks up all the little flaws and imperfections :D

The stamp is from the stamping plate "UR Beautiful-01" and I stamped with Sally Hansen's "Whirlwind White" from the Insta-Dri series.

Here's the final result including topcoat.

Claire's ~ 69929 Royal Blue Holo

Isn't that just a pretty blue?

Claire's ~ 69929 Royal Blue Holo

This is "Royal Blue Holo" alone; three coats and no topcoat.

Claire's ~ 69929 Royal Blue Holo
Claire's ~ 69929 Royal Blue Holo

And these are the things I used.


I really like "Royal Blue Holo" even though it isn't holographic at all. It's such a great colour and I love the shimmer. I'm willing to forgive the three coats because the drying time is good.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Metallic shimmer
Overall impression: Great colour and effect. The formula is tricky and patchy.
Buy again: Yes

4 comments: