Thursday, April 23, 2020

Lacquester: Dragon Shield


Lacquester: Dragon Shield
Blue base with bronze/copper/gold/red/fuchsia and green UCC flakies

"Dragon Shield" is a Facebook custom that came out in 2016. It's a really spectacular polish - it has got so much going on. I haven't worn it before now though, mostly because I can't help but thinking that this polish is mostly brown/copper - colours that aren't one hundred percent mine. Today I'm wearing it to find out whether I'll keep this polish or not.

The formula is good. I used two easy coats for my nails today and the drying time was really good.

I added a golden nail stud by the base of each nail.

This is what "Dragon Shield" looks like in daylight.

Lacquester: Dragon Shield
Lacquester: Dragon Shield

Here's the same thing photographed with flash. This actually shows that the base is blue.

Lacquester: Dragon Shield
Lacquester: Dragon Shield

Here's "Dragon Shield" alone; two coats and no topcoat. The photo is taken in daylight.

Lacquester: Dragon Shield
Lacquester: Dragon Shield

And here's "Dragon Shield" alone again; two coats and no topcoat. This photo is taken with flash.

Lacquester: Dragon Shield
Lacquester: Dragon Shield

Here are the things I used today.


"Dragon Shield" was limited edition and is no longer available. Like I said: The colour isn't completely me, but I think I'm going to keep my bottle anyway because I do actually think it's really pretty.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Holo and flakies
Overall impression: Really nice effect and good formula
Buy again: Yes

2 comments: