Thursday, November 24, 2011

Color Club ~ Ulterior Motive

Color Club ~ Ulterior Motive
Fuchsia with lots of teal and pink micro glitter

This polish is from Color Club’s Alter Ego collection, and is one of these colours that are kind of hard to describe. It’s a shimmery jelly, somewhere between pink and purple, and is packed with micro glitters in pink and blue.


Applying was easy. It needed three coats to reach this opacity, and it was totally worth the effort. Color Club is ranking pretty high on my list of good polishes, and the formula of Ulterior Motive didn’t let me down. No streaks or bald spots. :)

Here it is, no top coat:
 

I wanted to have a little more fun going on with my nails though. I wasn’t in the mood for stamping, so I decided to do some dots. I used Model’s Own “Snow White” and a relatively large dotting tool and made three dots diagonally on each nail. On top of that I used a smaller dotting tool to apply a deep purple dot, this time from Color Club "Electonica". The purple was so deep that in these small amounts it might just as well have been black.

Here’s the result, after finishing it all with a coat of Poshé top coat.


I quite like it!



Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Probably



No comments:

Post a Comment