Monday, August 5, 2013

Born Pretty Holo Polish #3 - stamped


Born Pretty Holo Polish #3
Pink linear holo

Here’s another one of the Born Pretty holos I recently bought.  

The formula was just as good as I’ve experienced with the others I’ve got. I used my regular base coat and have had no problems with bald spots or dragging, or anything. It covered perfectly in two easy coats. And - just when I had finished applying the two coats, the sun went behind a giant cloud :( I waited and waited and waited, but the sun didn’t look as if it was going to show up again. So I took this picture under a lightbulb:


The linear effect is much stronger than this picture suggests, but this was the best I could do under the circumstances. Here’s a picture taken in the shadow so you can see what the polish look like under “normal” conditions, haha!!


Anyway – I wanted to stamp on this holo. I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Wined up”, which is a rich shimmery burgundy, and I used the XL stamping plate M. And behold! Just as I had finished stamping the sun showed up again!!!

So I didn’t bother with the topcoat, I just rushed in and took these photos:


Isn’t that just a pretty pattern? I must admit that the stamping plate was a bit tricky. It was as if it wasn’t engraved deeply enough, so the stamper didn’t get to pick up quite enough polish. So I had to work really fast to get all of the design onto the nails! Have you experienced problems with stamping plates, with the pattern being either too deep (and flooding with too much polish) or too shallow (not loading with enough polish for a good, clear stamp)? And if *yes* to either question…which plates have you experienced these problems with?


So : Here’s one last shot in the sun.


I like manis that are both pretty in the sun and outside the sun. Holo polishes with stamps on them do that trick for me, so I’ll be doing that more in future.

PS. I did end up sealing my mani up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and it still looked great after that!

Have you tried the Born Pretty Holo polishes yet?

If not, then don’t forget that Born Pretty Store is offering my readers a 10% discount. All you have to do is to use the code JCJ61 when you check out.

10 comments:

  1. Too bad about that plate, but I still think the mani is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try the plate again when the temperatures go down a bit, perhaps the warm weather didn't help either. And thanks! That's really nice to hear! :)

      Delete
  2. Like I don't have enough holos, now I'm thinking of getting this one as well. Loved the stamping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what it's like. Every time I see a pretty holo I think that it needs to come and live in my stash :D
      And thank you, yay! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this mani! The polish is super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that pleases me immensely to hear! :)

      Delete
  4. I have this one too but I like Holo polish #4 more =) The stamping looks really great *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think BornPrettyStore did really well with this collection, I'm pleased with all mine :)

      Delete
  5. I'm new at stamping and would looove some great and easy plates - any suggestions? Also which polish to use :)
    Thanks for this great blog! I love your manis <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my Bundlemonster set of plates, the newest set is the one I like the best. Also DRK-plates are good with big designs on.
      I stamp with different polishes, and I don't use stamping polish a lot. I try to find really pigmented polishes, they usually work. And holos too, they're gorgeous as stampers.
      Good luck with it! :)
      And thanks!! <3

      Delete