Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ninja Polish ~ Candy Cane Floam


Ninja Polish ~ Candy Cane Floam
Red and white matte glitter in a clear base

When I am deciding which polish to wear, I often open my box of untrieds and sit and gaze into it until inspiration hits me. I don’t even always know what colour I’m in the mood for!

Today my eyes suddenly fell onto Candy Cane Floam from Ninja Polish. And right next to her was a burgundy suede from Avon, “No. 502”. They looked like a perfect match, so I thought…why not!

I started out with two coats of the suede Avon. The pigmentation is really good, and if you’re careful you can get away with one coat. I used two. The drying time is fantastic. Once I had finished hand number two, I could pretty much start on hand one again! I like that a lot.

Here’s what two coats and no topcoat look like in daylight:


In the beginning I thought it looked a bit brown, but it’s not. It is a rich burgundy, and I like the effect:


Then I was ready for my nail art. First I stamped on it. I used stamping plate DRK-B and stamped with Essie’s “Nothing else metals”, which is a soft pink that looks perfect on red shades of polish. Then I sponged Candy Cane Floam on the tips of my nails, applied two coats of Poshé topcoat, and my mani was done:


The pictures are taken in daylight, but there was no sun available, unfortunately.


I think it looks as if I dipped my fingertips in sprinkles!!


Here are the sisters in crime:


This mani grew on me; I ended up really liking this. What about you girls, do you like it, or is there too much going on on my nails?

16 comments:

  1. Wow! They look awesome before and after stamping! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It definitely became better and better for me as the hours went :D

      Delete
  2. That's a very interesting polish, and it's even more interesting with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really special. And it's got two sisters who are just as special :) I agree with you on the stamping, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. yaay, this mani is completely wild and pretty! like a reptile skin on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo, it pleases me so much to hear that! thank you!! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow these polishes are a match made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure looks as if they were truly made for each other and meant to be :)

      Delete
  5. This is really cool! I love these colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that because I somehow knew that you would :)

      Delete
  6. I love how you put the ninja polish over it!

    nailedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like hearing that because I liked the idea myself :)

      Delete
  7. That base suede color is just sooo gorgeous! And I really like the final look you made with the floam! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That Aden will be great for fall too I think :)

      Delete
  8. I don't think there's anything "too much" here. I think this mani is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how pleased I am to hear that. Yay!!

      Delete