Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Butter London ~ Chancer



Butter London ~ Chancer
Red jelly with red microglitter

Last time I was in Germany I was so lucky to find Butter London’s on special! How often does that happen, eh? :D I was thrilled! I threw Chancer (and a couple of others) in my cart, paid and left happy as a bunny.

Chancer is related to lots of polishes all called something to do with ruby footwear. But Chancer is in a league of her own. The formula is fantastic, the drying time is good and the pigmentation is really cool for a jelly. Two coats is what it took to make this look good. No dragging, no bald spots or thinner areas, just perfection coming right out of the bottle. ♥

I’ve got new photo lamps – these are my first pictures taken in the light of them, and I am thrilled! Hooray!!
<Ahem, moving right on>
Here’s a picture of two coats and one coat of topcoat:


Isn’t that just beautiful? I love it!


I decided that I wanted to try and make it look even more beautiful with some simple nail art. I grabbed a black striper from Claire’s and a silver glitter striper from NYX. I made three stripes with each colour on each nail, in three different lengths. I finished the mani off with a layer of PoshĂ© topcoat, and here’s what it ended up looking!


Isn’t it just beautiful! (Note that I didn’t end that sentence with a question mark, this time, haha!)


It was really hard to stop taking photos of it!


This is the last shot, I promise! It’s just to show you the depth of it!


And here are the polishes I used:

  
I only have positive words to say about this polish. The quality is fantastic, it’s so much better than it’s ruby footwear sisters, I can’t even describe how much I like this. I might even get rid of some of the sisters now - yikes!

The only negative thing I can come up with about this polish is the cap. I don’t like the stupid little ridged handle I end up with using when I’ve pulled the big square cap off. But that’s a matter of taste, I think. I would have preferred a bigger and non-ridged handle for sure!

So – what is your verdict, girls? Do you also like the look of this?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that really is an absolutely gorgeous red - I love it (and the name)!
    Merry Christmas my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beauty, thank you.
      And merry Christmas to you too, my friend!! <3

      Delete
  2. That is such a yummy looking red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your photos look now! Also really love this polish and your nail art matches it perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so pleased to hear it all! :)

      Delete
  4. very beautiful! and i love the nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely color indeed! Lol @ ruby footwear :) And Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning red! Love the mani you did <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love hearing about how international people visit other countries like we visit other states-but it's just not the same! Am jealous! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the country I live in is so small that it would only feel like a state to you, hahah!!! :D

      Delete